Kokoda Track Foundation (KTF) is a group of passionate and innovative problem solvers making a difference in Papua New Guinea.
The aim of KTF is to advance education, health, livelihoods and leadership outcomes for every person in the country. By providing sustainable solutions that work – things like teacher training, health infrastructure, supplies and resources, micro businesses and leadership opportunities – we achieve long term impact.
KTF is an Australian aid organisation providing sustainable solutions in education, health, livelihoods and leadership in Papua New Guinea. We are also a registered charity, a member of the Australian Council fro International Development (ACFID), hold base accreditation with the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and are endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR).
They were there for us in our darkest hour… now it’s our turn to lend a hand.
Vision, Mission, Values and Goal
Vision To be a trusted, caring and innovative organisation contributing to a flourishing PNG, whose people enjoy liberty through unfettered
access to healthcare, education and human rights and thrive as a respected nation in the Asia Pacific region.
Mission To work to improve the wellbeing and futures of the Papua New Guinean people by assisting with education and healthcare,
by respecting customs and the environment, by improving livelihoods, by fostering the next generation of leaders, and by keeping
the story of Kokoda alive. We do this without discrimination and irrespective of religion, race or political affiliation.
Values KTF is guided by five values – Integrity, Perserverance, Compassion, Ingenuity, Mateship:
1. Integrity: The resources at our disposal are not our own. We ensure that we act with the utmost integrity in all scenarios, in our
aid and development work in PNG, and in our fundraising, marketing and administration in Australia.
2. Perseverance: We understand and respect the challenging environment of working in aid and development in Papua New
Guinea. We are committed to improving the lives and futures of our nearest neighbours and with patience, perseverance and
creativity do everything in our power to deliver on that commitment.
3. Compassion: We work alongside communities, seek a thorough understanding of their needs, and respond with programs and
projects in partnership with people. We do this with empathy and compassion.
4. Ingenuity: Whether it is our aid and development work in PNG, or our marketing and fundraising activities in Australia,
we always strive to be as resourceful and transparent as possible. We overcome hurdles and work towards solutions with
optimism and ingenuity.
5. Mateship: The people of Papua New Guinea are our nearest neighbours and our friends. Our supporters entrust us to honour
this friendship in the same spirit of mateship that was at work during the Kokoda Campaign.
We encourage our member clubs and community partners to support KTF.
There are many ways to help, click here to find out more.