Official opening of Rivera Place
HAWKESBURY Living’s $13 million luxury aged care extension herald’s a new era for quality standards in aged care in the Hawkesbury, CEO Kimberley Talbot announced last Tuesday.
The Official opening of Rivera Place, the stage 4 extension of Hawkesbury Living within Richmond Club Group’s masterplan took place on Tuesday 24th September with CEO Garrie Gibson and Marketing & Communications Manager, Brad Smith in attendance.
This is another milestone for The Richmond Club, through Hawkesbury Living, who has a proud history of supporting aging residents, providing leading-edge clinical and empathetic care to maximise the quality of life’s later stages.
Named Rivera Place, Ms Talbot, said this is the fourth major extension to the site.
“This three-storey heritage-inspired building fronts March Street and historic Richmond Park, with views to the Blue Mountains,” she said.
“The purpose-built contemporary living design has a 4.5 star fit-out to deliver the best facilities, care and lifestyle choices for our seniors.”
Rivera Place’s affordable superior services feature:
- 18 x 39-square suites; 7 x 29-square single suites; all have ensuites
- Single and optional two-bed companion suites
- Bar fridges in most rooms, internet corners
- Personal phones, TVs
- Kitchenettes with unlimited access to tea and coffee making on each level
- Open alfresco areas with lounges and dining rooms on each level
- Stunning resort-style fittings and fixtures
- Function room areas for family celebrations
- Sweeping outdoor verandahs, landscaped gardens
- The latest inpatient lifters to reduce skin damage or falls
- Maggie Beer inspired food menus; 5 star chef service
- New Burlodge Food delivery system installed throughout the entire site
- Courtesy bus connects our residents with club services – bingo, social trips
The existing entrance to Hawkesbury Living is being outfitted with a new, welcoming reception area and a comfortable coffee shop featuring barista coffees, teas and delicious treats.
Ms Talbot said the design of Rivera Place was inspired by our returned servicemen, especially those from the Somme Valley. “From the front door right through the complex, down to the hand-picked fixtures and ornaments, we celebrate our elder generations, and remember those who served for our country,” she said.
“Our Wall of Happiness enhances the home-feel environment with personal photos and images of our residents taken upon their entry to their new home.
“Rivera Place is designed for specialist care for those with complex or multiple behavioural and memory conditions, such as depression, alcoholism, post traumatic stress, dementia and the needs of returned servicemen and women. Our mantra is “Trust In Care” and that’s our promise.”
Rivera Place also has ancillary services, creating a hub for the community, improving social inclusion for residents and keeping them connected in the community. It links directly with the Richmond Club and Richmond Golf Club’s schedule of events and activities.
Rivera Place, a reflection of our Hawkesbury identity – River – and our generations – Era.
For more information contact us on 4578 2966 or www.riveraplace.com.